"Stucco & EIFS Inspection Training for Home Inspectors" video course
Welcome to InterNACHI's free, online Stucco & EIFS Inspection Training for Home Inspectors course. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be an InterNACHI-Certified Stucco Inspector.
Upon successful completion of the training course, the student will be able to properly inspect a building that has stucco or EIFS cladding.
Upon successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- observe wall claddings on a property and identify the common stucco systems;
- apply non-invasive, visual-only inspection techniques as required by the InterNACHI Standards of Practice;
- identify points of concern about the stucco or EIFS installation or its condition; and
- report your findings to your clients in a concise, factual manner that is specific to the property.
Reminder to members: InterNACHI's Code of Ethics 1.10 requires that you comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where you conduct business. InterNACHI's courses and Standards generally exceed the Standards of Practice that you are required to abide by locally.
This course has been approved by:
- the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors;
- the Master Inspector Certification Board;
- the International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants; and
- 16 CE credit hours
- 8-hour training video
- 84 quiz questions in 21 quizzes
- 348-page course text book (free downloaded PDF)
- Over 400 digital pictures (HD zooming)
- 12 custom-built walls of stucco
- 50-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool)
- Instantly graded final exam
Downloaded certificate of completion
Watch the 1-minute preview video:
Course covers the following:
- What "stucco" is
- What InterNACHI requires
- Non-invasive, visual-only inspection techniques
- How to accurately identify stucco and EIFS types
- How to identify primary concerns related to stucco and EIFS
- How to inspect stucco and EIFS during a home inspection
- What and how to report to your client
InterNACHI... #1 in inspection education.
Play the following video:
Mr. Huffman purposely embedded defects in the installation of the materials. Over 20 different installations with over 50 defects are installed for up-close learning. We even spray water on the walls, and then spin the walls around and watch the moisture penetrate the interior of the wall cavity.
Upon completion of this course and passing of the 50-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool), the student can download and print their own Certificate of Completion which is auto-generated in their own name.
The student's (InterNACHI member's) information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log. It counts as sixteen InterNACHI Continuing Education hours.
Non-members may view only the first page of the course.
Members will need their username and password. If you have forgotten your password, CLICK HERE (instant response) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request it (don't forget your name).
Some features which make InterNACHI's courses superior to existing continuing education options:
- The course is free for all InterNACHI members.
- The course is written in pure XHTML code for quick loading. The course loads fine on old computers and loads fast, even with dial-up.
- The course is designed using a hierarchal menu coupled with a sequential page navigation. This provides the student with the option to easily repeat areas of weakness.
- The course permits the student to start, stop and restart any part of the course as often as desired.
- There are a variety of images within the course, including diagrams, illustrations and photos.
- The illustrations can be enlarged for clearer viewing by clicking on them.
- The text is integrated into InterNACHI's Inspector Glossary. Rolling over blue-colored terms provides their definition.
- The final exam uses multiple-choice questions that reference the images.
- The course's quizzes and final exam have numerous advantages over traditional exam systems:
- The course, quizzes and final exam incorporate built-in intelligence which identifies and strengthens each student's unique subject weaknesses.
- Not only is each question weighted with regard to
score, but each answer is weighted, as well as the correctness of each
answer being weighted.
- Answers to easy questions are weighted such that the student is penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly, but rewarded modestly for answering correctly.
- Answers to difficult questions are weighted such that the student is rewarded, in terms of score, for answering correctly, but not penalized for answering incorrectly.
- Answers to questions regarding basic safety, or questions every inspector should know the answer to, are weighted such that the student is severely penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly.
- Upon passing the final exam, the student can print out a Certificate of Completion which is auto-generated in their own name.
The student's (InterNACHI member's) information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log.
InterNACHI... #1 in inspection education.