"How to Perform Wind Mitigation Inspections" course
Welcome to InterNACHI's free, online How to Perform Wind Mitigation Inspections course. The purpose of this course is to provide accurate and useful information for performing a wind mitigation inspection. This is a training and certification course and a resource guide for individuals conducting wind mitigation inspections and learning to properly complete the new Florida Office of Insurance Regulation OIR-B1-1802 form (1802 form or Wind Mitigation inspection form). This course is free to all InterNACHI members and can be taken again and again, without limit. It is the most comprehensive wind mitigation inspection course in existence.
This course will prepare the student to:
This course will prepare the student to:
- properly perform wind mitigation inspections; and
- complete a wind mitigation inspection form for homeowners
The student will learn:
- foundational information on wind and buildings and how the two react with one another;
- basic house characteristics and features;
- structural features of the building envelope;
- factors involved in reducing damage to existing buildings;
- systems and components related to wind mitigation techniques;
- building standards, codes and best practices; and
- how to properly complete a wind mitigation inspection form.
This course has been approved by:
The How to Perform Wind Mitigation Inspections course includes:
- 19 sections;
- 29,306 words;
- 250 photos, graphics, tables and diagrams;
- 11 quizzes;
- 16 CE credit hours;
- a 50-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading;
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion; and
- accreditations and state approvals.
- Buildings and Wind
- Building Envelope Influences Damage
- 1. Getting Started
- 2. Roof Covering:
- 3. Roof Deck Attachment:
- 4. Roof to Wall Attachment:
- 5. Roof Geometry:
- 6. Secondary Water Resistance:
- 7. Opening Protection:
- Photographs Required
- Suggested Protocols for Inspectors
- Signatures & Documentation
Upon completion of this course and passing of the 50-question final exam, the student can download and print their own Certificate of Completion which is auto-generated in their own name.
The student's (InterNACHI member's) information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log. It counts as 16 InterNACHI Continuing Education hours.
Members will need their username and password. If you have forgotten your password, CLICK HERE (instant response) or email email@example.com and request it (don't forget your name).
InterNACHI... #1 in inspection education.
Some features which make InterNACHI's courses superior to existing continuing education options:
- The course is free for all InterNACHI members.
- The course is written in pure XHTML code for quick loading. The course loads fine on old computers and loads fast, even with dial-up.
- The course is designed using a hierarchal menu coupled with a sequential page navigation. This provides the student with the option to easily repeat areas of weakness.
- The course permits the student to start, stop and restart any part of the course as often as desired.
- There are a variety of images within the course, including diagrams, illustrations and photos.
- The illustrations can be enlarged for clearer viewing by clicking on them.
- The text is integrated into InterNACHI's Inspector Glossary. Rolling over blue-colored terms provides their definition.
- The final exam uses multiple-choice questions that reference the images.
- The course's quizzes and final exam have numerous advantages over traditional exam systems:
- The course, quizzes and final exam incorporate built-in intelligence which identifies and strengthens each student's unique subject weaknesses.
- Not only is each question weighted with regard to score, but each answer is weighted, as well as the correctness of each answer being weighted.
- Answers to easy questions are weighted such that the student is penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly, but rewarded modestly for answering correctly.
- Answers to difficult questions are weighted such that the student is rewarded, in terms of score, for answering correctly, but not penalized for answering incorrectly.
- Answers to questions regarding basic safety, or questions every inspector should know the answer to, are weighted such that the student is severely penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly.
- Upon passing the final exam, the student can print out a Certificate of Completion which is auto-generated in their own name.
The student's (InterNACHI member's) information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log.