The goal of this course is to teach home in Texas how to perform wood-destroying insect inspections according to Texas Real Estate Commission guidelines, as well as state-approved reporting methods using the appropriate forms.
While wood-destroying insect inspection exceeds InterNACHI's SOP, Texas inspectors may find that their general knowledge, as well as their home inspection services, can be enhanced by becoming familiar with the different WDI in their state, along with structural threats they pose. The state-specific guidelines for WDI treatment can help Texas home inspectors add value to their inspection services and provide useful information to their clients.
And, in keeping with InterNACHI's commitment to Continuing Education, this online training course is open and free to all InterNACHI members, and can be taken again and again, without limit.
Reminder to members: InterNACHI's Code of Ethics
1.10 requires that you comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where you conduct business. InterNACHI's courses and Standards generally exceed the Standards of Practice that you are required to abide by locally.
This course has been approved by:
- 2 Continuing Education units/credit hours;
- 7 chapters/slides;
- four quizzes;
- a 25-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading;
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion; and
- accreditations and state approvals.
The course covers the following chapters:
- Student Verification & Interactivity
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Biology
- Chapter 3: Termites
- Chapter 4: Other Wood-Destroying Insects
- Chapter 5: Pesticides for Termite Control
- Chapter 6: Bait, Foam & Fumes
- Chapter 7: Texas WDI Inspection Report
Upon completion of this course and passing the 25-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool), the student can download and print his/her own Certificate of Completion, which is auto-generated in the inspector's name.
The student-member's information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log. It counts as two InterNACHI Continuing Education
hours (2 CEU).
Non-members may view only the first page of the course.
InterNACHI... #1 in inspection education.
Some features which make InterNACHI's courses superior to existing Continuing Education options:
- The course is free for all InterNACHI members.
- The course is written in pure XHTML code for quick loading. The course loads fine on old computers and loads fast, even with dial-up.
- The course is designed using a hierarchal menu coupled with a sequential page navigation. This provides the student with the option to easily repeat areas of weakness.
- The course permits the student to start, stop and restart any part of the course as often as desired.
- There are a variety of images within the course, including diagrams, illustrations and photos.
- The illustrations can be enlarged for clearer viewing by clicking on them.
- Some text may be integrated into InterNACHI's Glossary. Rolling over blue-colored terms provides their definition.
- The final exam uses multiple-choice questions that reference the images.
- The course's quizzes and final exam have numerous advantages over traditional exam systems:
- The course, quizzes and final exam incorporate built-in intelligence which identifies and strengthens each student's unique subject weaknesses.
- Not only is each question weighted with regard to score, but each answer is weighted, as well as the correctness of each answer being weighted.
- Answers to easy questions are weighted such that the student is penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly, but rewarded modestly for answering correctly.
- Answers to difficult questions are weighted such that the student is rewarded, in terms of score, for answering correctly, but not penalized for answering incorrectly.
- Answers to questions regarding basic safety, or questions every inspector should know the answer to, are weighted such that the student is severely penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly.
- Upon passing the final exam, the student can print out a Certificate of Completion, which is auto-generated in the student-inspector's name.
The student-member's information is recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification, and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing Education log.