Free, Online Course
To learn more, take InterNACHI's free, online Appliance Inspection for Home Inspectors Course.
Dishwasher not properly secured to counter top.
Zip cord is used as permanent wiring, no ground.
Disposal missing anti-strain device, clamp.
No second high loop at dishwasher drain.
Outlet above sink (within 6' of sink) not GFCI protected.
GFCI above sink is defective, does not reset.
No outlets are allowed to be installed above stove.
- Electrical outlet installed above stove.
- Countertop not fastened down.
- No trap.
- Improperly installed air admittance valve.
- Air admittance valves must terminate a minimum of 4” above the trap arm.
- No anti-siphon method used with the dishwasher drain.
- This condition may allow grey water to siphon back into the washer cabinet where it could contaminate the clean contents.
- Improper garbage disposal wiring.