How to Become a Home Inspector in Alberta


Home Inspector Licensing Course & Proctored Exam:

To attain a license as a Home Inspector in Alberta, you must submit to Service Alberta a completed application package, which includes the following:
--- OR ---
  • Providing a Certified Master Inspector CMI® designation from  Becoming a Certified Master Inspector® might be a simpler way to acquire a license for those who qualify. 

InterNACHI's online course has been approved by the government of Alberta, Canada, for the licensing of home inspectors and has been listed on the Service Alberta government website.

Proctors and Supervisors

We have a list of proctors and supervisors in Alberta. Please ask about their fees for exam proctoring and test inspection supervising.
Upon successful completion the two proctored exams, the student applicant will receive from the exam proctor a Certificate of Completion that is approved by Service Alberta to be included in the application package that is submitted to Service Alberta. A sample certificate is below:

Insurance for Home Inspectors in Alberta

To be a licensed home inspector in Alberta, individuals must meet certain requirements for adequate insurance coverage. InterNACHI members are eligible for discounts and enhanced coverage. Visit for information on how to sign up.

Alberta Chapter of Home Inspectors:


InterNACHI Mentors in Alberta

Need advice on getting started as a home inspector? InterNACHI mentors provide support and guidance for new inspectors. This could be anything from a phone call to a ride along inspection. Contact our Alberta mentors Dan Levia or Gary Rose if you are interested. 
Dan Levia CMI®, In-Focus Home Inspections, (403) 350-9697, Red Deer, AB
Gary Rose CMI®, CGLI, Sherlock Homes Inspectors, office@ (403) 404-1514, Calgary and Okotoks, AB

Alberta Inspector Message Board:


Continuing Education (online and free for members):

Alberta licensed home inspectors may take Continuing Education through InterNACHI. All of InterNACHI's online courses are free to members. 

Radon Tester Certification (online & free for members) 

C-NRPP-certified professionals are certified to work in every province and territory in Canada. To learn more about how to become C-NRPP certified, visit C-NRPP's website.

Wood-Destroying Organisms (WDO)

Alberta requires that pest-control applicators be licensed. For more information, visit here. InterNACHI's Wood-Destroying Organisms (WDO) Inspection Course may be a beneficial educational tool for members. 

Business & Marketing (online free for members):

  • Inspection agreement system
  • Pricing your fees
  • Fee calculator
  • Call Me Now

    InterNACHI's Marketing Team will design a new logo for your inspection business or re-design your existing logo, and design and customize your business cards, flyers and brochures. The design work is free when you place an order. Contact the Marketing Team today

    Homeowner Newsletter (online & free for members):

    Keep in touch with all of your clients! The InterNACHI Homeowner Newsletter is: 
    • free to members;
    • customized by you according to condition of each house inspected;
    • includes your photo and logo in each issue.
    Your photo or business logo and website link will appear in each newsletter issue, so your clients can keep your contact information handy. Learn more about the newsletter

    Everything You Need, All in One Place:

    InterNACHI provides everything you need to be successful. Visit

    Membership Benefits

    InterNACHI provides over $75,000 worth of benefits to its members at no cost. Visit

    Service Alberta-approved Home Inspection Contract:

    Alberta Licensing Information: