Continuing Education (online & free for members):
Kentucky Board of Home Inspectors approves InterNACHI's free, online Continuing Education online courses for fulfilling the Continuing Education requirements (technical courses, including identification and determination).
Each licensee who renews a license in an odd year shall have at least 14 hours of CE, each licensee who renews in an even year shall have at least 28 hours of CE during the biennial period.
(3) Prior to renewal, the continuing education shall include a minimum of:
- Three (3) hours in manufactured housing (face-to-face);
- Three (3) hours in KRS Chapter 198B and 815 KAR Chapter 6 (face-to-face);
- Three (3) hours in report writing (face-to-face); and
- Five (5) hours in technical courses, including identification and determination, as applicable within the standards of practice (NOT face-to-face; free & online for members).
(4) (a) The continuing education courses identified in subsection (3)(a) through (c) of this section shall be completed face-to-face. An online continuing education course shall not satisfy the continuing education requirement for each respective category. (b) The face-to-face requirement identified for the continuing education courses shall be effective beginning the next renewal period following the effective date of this administrative regulation (Sep 4, 2015).
The following online courses (free & online to members) are approved by Kentucky for fulfilling the 5 hours of technical courses: