How to Become a Certified Home Inspector in Oklahoma
Home Inspector Pre-Licensing Course (online & free for members):
Home Inspector Licensing Exam:
Home Inspector Continuing Education Courses (online & free for members, and live classes for a fee):
Oklahoma-licensed home inspectors are required to take Continuing Education courses. Oklahoma Construction Industries Board approves the following InterNACHI courses (live classes for a fee, and online & free for members). Provider # P-042. Instructor # I-107. Not a member? Join now
Free Continuing Education Courses (online & free for members):
- How to Inspect Polls & Spas Course. Course # C-304. Expiration March 28, 2017.
- How to Inspect Septic Systems Course. 2 hours. Course # C-303. Expiration March 28, 2017.
- Residential Structural Design for Home Inspectors Course. 2 hours. Course # C-302. Expiration March 28, 2017.
- Calculating Envelope Energy Loss Course. 2 hours. Course # C-301. Expiration March 28, 2017.
- How to Inspect Fireplaces, Stoves, and Chimneys Course. 4 hours. Course # C-228. Expiration February 1, 2017.
- Ancillary Systems: Swimming Pools Familiarization (C-227 for 2 CE hours)
- Indoor Air Quality for Inspectors Course. Course # C-212. Expiration June 20, 2017.
- Energy Movement for Inspectors Course. Course # C-207. Expiration June 20, 2017.
- The House as a System Course. Course # C-208. Expiration June 20, 2017.
- How to Inspect Manufactured and Mobile Homes (C-201 for 8 CE hours)
- How to Perform a Home Energy Audit (C-192 for 24 CE hours)
- How to Perform Deck Inspections (C-193 for 3 CE hours)
- How to Inspect the Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior (C-181 for 14 CE hours)
- Inspecting HVAC Systems (C-174 for 12 CE hours)
- How to Perform Exterior Inspections (C-176 for 16 CE hours)
- Advanced HVAC Training for Inspectors (C-157 for 12 CE hours)
- Green Building Inspection (C-158 for 8 CE hours)
- How to Perform Residential Electrical Inspections (C-159 for 4 CE hours)
- How to Perform Roof Inspections (C-160 for 4 CE hours)
- 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know (C-161 for 5 CE hours)
- Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers (C-153 for 3 CE hours)
- Residential Plumbing Overview for Inspectors (C-154 for 8 CE hours)
- How to Inspect for Moisture Intrusion (C-155 for 8 CE hours)
- Log Home Inspection (C-156 for 8 CE hours)
- Safe Practices for the Home Inspector (C-143 for 4 CE hours)
- Structural Issues for Home Inspectors (C-144 for 4 CE hours)
- Inspecting Means of Egress (C-138 for 4 CE hours)
- Inspecting Water Heater Tanks (C-139 for 4 CE hours)
Live Classes (for a fee):
InterNACHI Partner Instructors: Fred D. Ayers and Jack Werner. Call
(405) 323-9722 for class schedule and fees. Ask for a free 6-month
membership to InterNACHI after registering (offer is for non-members
Real Estate Cards (free for members)
Licensed real estate agents can attain free Continuing Education credits by following the directions on the real estate cards. Members can hand out these cards to real estate agents, which explain how to log into the free courses.
When an agent logs into a course and enters the member's ID number, the member is automatically emailed. The first slide of the course is the member's contact information.
Radon Tester Certification in Oklahoma (online & free for members):
There is no state-operated certification program for radon professionals in the state of Oklahoma. However, the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality Radon Program recommends hiring Certified Radon Testers who have taken certification training approved by the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) for initial certification training and
continuing education. Visit the Oklahoma website for details
. InterNACHI's free, online "Advanced Radon Measurement
Service Provider Course" is both NRPP- and AARST-approved and located is at https://www.nachi.org/radon-measurement-service-provider-online-course.htm
Home Energy Inspector™ Certification (online & free for members):
Home Energy Score Assessor (online & free for members):
Home Energy Score is similar to a vehicle's miles-per-gallon rating,
and any qualified inspector in the U.S. can generate a Home Energy Score
than an hour. The Home Energy Score provides:
- a score on a scale of 1 to 10;
- facts about the home and its energy use; and
- recommendations generated by the U.S. Department of Energy to improve the score and energy efficiency.
Wood-Destroying Organism Inspection (online & free for members):
Business & Marketing (online & free for members):
Homeowner Newsletter (online & free for members):
Order handout cards
Keep in touch with all of your clients! The InterNACHI Homeowner Newsletter is:
- free to members;
- customized by you according to condition of each house inspected;
- has 5 years worth of monthly issues;
- includes your photo and logo in each issue.
to sign homeowners up for your Homeowner
Newsletter (a customizable, monthly newsletter system that is free to members). Order your homeowner newsletter cards from InspectorOutlet.
Membership Benefits (free for members):
Archived Approval Letters:
June 2, 2009
1750 30th St.
Boulder, CO 80301
letter is to confirm that the Committee of Home Inspector Examiners
approved your applications today for the following classes and
INTERNACHI Provider # P-042
Benjamin Gromicko Instructor No. I-107
Inspecting Foundation, Walls and Piers C-153
Residential Plumbing Overview C-154
Moisture Intrusion C-155
Log Home Inspection C-156
Please contact Joanne Bohn @ 405-271-5217, if you have any questions.
Construction Industries Board