State of Illinois IDFPR Approves InterNACHI Online Courses & Online Exams for Home Inspectors.
A licensee in Illinois is required to fulfill a total of 12 hours of approved Continuing Education, of which a minimum of 6 hours must be approved as mandatory courses for each 2-year renewal cycle. Continuing Education may be obtained anytime during the pre-renewal period.
It's easy to get CE with InterNACHI.
See approval of InterNACHI as Education Provider.
Step #1: Choose a local proctor.
You must take an online exam with a local proctor of your choice. Choose your proctor from the list below. The proctoring service may be free, or there may be a small fee.
Step #2: Choose an online course (free to members).
Step #3: Take the online course's exam.
In front of your proctor, log into the online course and take the online course's exam. You have to pass the online exam with 80% or better. Because it's online, grading is instant. You are permitted to immediately retake the exam, if needed.
All of InterNACHI's online courses are free to members. Not a member? Join now.
Have questions? Ben Gromicko email@example.com
IDFPR-Approved CE Courses (free to members):
The following courses are online and approved by Illinois IDFPR for home inspector Continuing Education. To receive CE credit, you must pass the online course's exam, proctored by a proctor of your choice (See list of proctors below.)
- Inspecting HVAC Energy Efficiency (Mandatory 6 hours) *
- How to Inspect Manufactured and Mobile Homes (Mandatory 6 hours) *
- 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know (Elective 6 hours)
- How to Inspect the Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior (Mandatory 6 hours) *
- Commercial Property Inspection Prerequisite (Elective 3 hours)
- How to Perform Deck Inspections (Elective 3 hours)
- How to Perform Residential Electrical Inspections (Elective 6 hours)
- How to Perform Energy Audits (Elective 6 hours)
- How to Perform Exterior Inspections (Mandatory 6 hours) *
- Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers (Elective 3 hours)
- Green Building Inspection (Elective 6 hours)
- Inspecting HVAC Systems (Elective 6 hours)
- Advanced HVAC Training for Inspectors (Elective 6 hours)
- Infrared Thermography Inspection Training (Elective 6 hours)
- Log Home Inspection (Elective 6 hours)
- Inspecting Means of Egress (Elective 3 hours)
- How to Inspect for Moisture Intrusion (Elective 6 hours)
- How to Perform Mold Inspections (Elective 6 hours)
- Advanced Mold Inspection Training (Elective 6 hours)
- Residential Plumbing Overview for Inspectors (Elective 6 hours)
- How to Inspect Pools and Spas (Elective 6 hours)
- Radon Measurement Service Provider (Elective 6 hours)
- How to Perform Roof Inspections (Mandatory 6 hours) *
- Safe Practices for the Home Inspector (Elective 3 hours)
- How to Inspect Septic Systems (Mandatory 6 hours) *
- Structural Issues for Home Inspectors (Elective 6 hours)
- Building Science and Infrared Thermal Imaging (Elective 6 hours)
- Inspecting Water Heater Tanks (Elective 3 hours)
- Wood-Destroying Organism Inspection (Elective 6 hours)* Mandatory course
Online Exam Proctor:
First, choose any IDFPR-approved online course (see above). Second, choose a local proctor and take the online course's exam with that proctor. Third, email the exam results to InterNACHI. It's that easy.
InterNACHI's online courses are free, but there may be a small fee for the proctoring services.
Illinois Public LibrariesTake a proctored exam at an Illinois public library.Illinois Community CollegesTake a proctored exam at an Illinois community college.Northern Illinois - Chicago
Jeff Merritt, Proctor
4440 Frontage Road, Hillside, IL(773) 457-4542Northern Illinois - Chicago LibraryMargaret Schatz
Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Avenue, Evanston IL 60201(847) 448-8640Northern Illinois - LombardRodman Roeske, Proctor
The Corner House, 100 West Street, Lombard, IL 60148 (Corner of St. Charles and Park)(630) 629-3119Central Illinois - Peoria
Sherry Winkle, ProctorBradley University, 1501 W. Bradley Avenue, Heitz Hall 100, Peoria, IL 61625(309) 677-2416Central Illinois - Le RoyFae L. Morris, Proctor, Assistant LibrarianJT & EJ Crumbaugh Library, 405 East Center, Le Roy, IL 61752Southern Illinois - Waterloo
Ken Sitzes, Proctor
Illinois State Chapter President(618) 830-8283Southern Illinois - Marion Carnegie LibraryDena PorterMarion Carnegie Library, 206 South Market Street, Marion, IL 62959
- IF YOU PASS, have the proctor email the InterNACHI Proctored Exam Form to Ben Gromicko at firstname.lastname@example.org. Exam results will then be forwarded by InterNACHI to IDPFR for credit.
- IF YOU FAIL, you are permitted to retake the online exam immediately, but there may be an additional fee for another proctoring session. Ask your proctor.For further assistance, contact the Director of Education Ben Gromicko at email@example.com. Many thanks to InterNACHI Member Russ Myers for developing several of our Illinois-approved courses. Many thanks to Ken Sitzes for being the state administrator for many years.
Additional Information for Illinois Home Inspectors:
Illinois Home Inspector FAQ: http://www.idfpr.com/FAQ/BRE/toggleBREHomeInsp.aspIllinois Home Inspector Forms: http://www.idfpr.com/dpr/re/Forms/HIFORMS.aspIllinois Home Inspector Information: http://www.idfpr.com/dpr/re/homeinspect.aspBecoming a licensed home inspector in Illinois, visit: http://www.idfpr.com/dpr/re/histatelaw.asp