How to Become a Certified Home Inspector in Maryland
72-Hour Licensing Training Class:
To become a licensed home inspector in Maryland, an individual must:
Live Training at the InterNACHI School
The InterNACHI School offers world-class, accredited inspection training by the best instructors in the industry at our facility in Boulder, Colorado.
Take a class, enjoy free refreshments, test-drive inspection tools, attend an inspector chapter meeting, and inspect the House of Horrors –- an entire house with 1,000 defects built inside The InterNACHI School.
Inspector Continuing Education (online & free for members):
The following are approved free, online courses for Maryland Continuing Professional Competency Education:
The following live classes are approved for Continuing Education. All live classes are held at The InterNACHI School.
How to Join InterNACHI
Radon Tester Certification (online & free for members):
Although there are no state regulations for radon testing in Maryland, the state recommends to the public the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guidelines for testing
. Visit the Maryland Department of the Environment
site for details.
Wood-Destroying Organisms (online and free for members):
Advertising with Real Estate Agencies:
Archived Approval Letters:
- Infrared Thermography. 16 hours.
- How to Perform Roof Inspections. 4 hours.
- How to Inspect Tile Roofs. 2 hours.
- 10 Steps to Performing a Roof Inspection. 2 hours.
- How to Inspect for Moisture Intrusion. 8 hours.
- Inspecting the Means of Egress Course. 4 hours.
- Log Home Inspection Course. 6 hours.
- Wood-Destroying Organism Inspection Course. 6 hours.
- 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know Course. 5 hours.
- How to Inspect the Exterior Course. 16 hours.
- How to Perform Deck Inspections Course. 3 hours.
- Structural Issues for Home Inspectors. 4 hours.
- How to Perform Residential Electrical Inspections. 4 hours.
- Inspecting HVAC Systems Course. 12 hours.
- How to Perform Roof Inspections Course. 4 hours.
- 10 Steps to Performing a Roof Inspection Course. 2 hours.
- Residential Plumbing Overview Course. 8 hours.
- How to Inspect the Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior Course. 14 hours.
- How to Inspect for Moisture Intrusion Course. 8 hours.
- Safe Practices for Home Inspectors Course. 4 hours.
- Expiration July 1, 2017.